I've decided to start (and keep!) a journal. Like the old fashioned hand written kind. There are so many little things that happen everyday now that Elaina is here that I want to be able to look back on and remember...and I want to be able to give her the journal so she can read how much joy she brought into her mommy and daddy's life. Maybe I'll give it to her on her 16th birthday, or HS graduation, or 18th birthday, or maybe just a random day...shew, all that is so far away (though I'm afraid time is going to start going by in fast forward!) that I have a while to get those details figured out.
I'm a sap.
But seriously. I'm gonna start one. I just gotta go buy a pretty journal...oh, and i think this is a good excuse for buying new ink pens. :) God I love ink pens. It's an obsession.
I love this idea! I've actually thought about doing that once we have a little one, too. Great minds think alike!
ReplyDeleteKiss my little "niece" for me today! Love you both!