For those who don't know, that stands for BIG FAT POSITIVE.
That's right...Kevin & I are expecting! **insert happy dance here**
We just found out last night. I was expecting my "monthly visitor" yesterday but she hadn't shown by 6, so I knew something was up. I've been feeling a little "off" the past few days too. Not in a bad way, just not like I normally do around this time of the month. So, I had a cheapie pregnancy test and decided to give it a shot. I come back to look at it after 5 minutes and see this...
Yep, it says 'PREGNANT'!!! :) We're going to be parents!
Needless to say, we are ecstatic! I could barely sleep last night I was so excited. We're hoping to keep quiet until Christmas to tell everyone. ((so actually, if we know you in real life, you aren't reading this until AFTER christmas...so, i hope your holidays were great! :))) However, my moms birthday is 12/15, so we may go ahead and tell her, my dad, and brother, then wait till Christmas morning for Kevin's family! It's going to be so hard to keep my mouth shut! ha. I want nothing more than to call my mom and scream "You're going to be a Grandma!!" Everyone is going to be so excited. This will be the first grandchild on my side and the third on Kevin's side.
I'm praying harder than ever before that God will watch over me, Kevin and our little one. I pray that he will keep all 3 of us healthy and help our baby to grow and develop perfectly. I know a few very special angels are "upstairs" doing the happy dance for us! My grandma would be so happy if she were still alive. She has three great-grandchildren, but my cousin's (the daddies) were never super close to her and Grandpa like my brother and I were (still are with Grandpa)...so, I know she'd be thinking of all the ways to spoil our little one and all the ways to fatten me up over the next 9 months. :) Yum, chicken n' dumplings and banana pudding would be my "Grandma meals" of choice!
If you're a person of prayer, please just pray for God to give Kevin and I all the strength and knowledge we will need over the term of this pregnancy and beyond. And please pray for Baby Griffitts to have a happy & healthy 9 months of "baking"... :P
We're thinking I'm around 4 or 5 weeks along. I'll be calling the OB/GYN first thing Monday morning along with my endocrinologist. Not sure when our first "baby" visit will be, but I'm already excited about seeing its heartbeat for the first time. Of course I plan to post pictures, results, etc regularly.
Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment