NOW, onto the good news...IT'S A GIRL!!!! :) That's right, Kevin & I have a little princess on the way and to say we're ecstatic is an understatement! The ultrasound went great and baby G was more than happy to show us what she has (or should I say doesn't have?).
Kevin's mom and my mom both went with us to the ultrasound so they heard the good news the same time we did. I don't know which one squealed the loudest, but I do know the poor ultrasound tech looked terrified. haha.
The tech and the doctor both told us everything looks and is measuring perfectly and our little girl is growing at a healthy rate...which is what we cared more about than the gender. So...we've picked a name already and I am 110% in love with it.
Our little princess will be known as Elaina Rose. :) Elaina is a name I fell in love with not too long after finding out I was pregnant, and it's one of the few Kevin actually liked too! ha. Rose, is a family name of Kevin's...it's his mom's first name and was also his grandmothers middle name, so when he suggested it I was more than pleased! Cool fact...Elaina and I will have the same initals. ERG. :)
After the ultrasound the grandmas couldn't wait to start buying so we immediatly headed to Babies R Us where they went CRAZY in the clothing section. My neck is still sore from turning my head back and forth between the two of them to look at what they'd found. While we were there we also ordered the furniture for Elaina's nursery. It's a white 4-in-1 bed and dresser/changer by Koala Home. It's already in and sitting in our garage in the boxes. First order of nursery decorating business...PAINT!
A friend of mine had selected the 'Love Bird' bedding by BananaFish for her little girl and as soon as I saw it I was in love...so, we decided to use it for Elaina's room!
It took us (me) forever to decide on a paint color. I wanted something different, chic, but girly. So, after staring at paint chips for days we (i) have decided to do the walls in a pale blue that perfectly matches the blue bird, leaf, and stripe (which you can't see in the picture) from the bedding. Yes. Blue. For a girl. *gasp*...my theory, WHY NOT?!? I love blue...it's one of my favorite colors. And the blue we've picked is a very bright and "girly" blue. So, I'm excited about it. I also have plans to use a few other colors on the walls in her room, but you'll just have to wait for the AFTER pictures for that!!
I promise to be a better blogger and not wait so long between updates. Heck, maybe I'll even update 3 or 4 times a week?!?!?!? keyword: maybe :)
No comments:
Post a Comment