Saturday, November 13, 2010

we survived...TWICE!

What did we survive??



Our first TWO nights without Elaina!


As you may or may not know, Kevin is a DIE-HARD New Orleans Saints fan. By no means is he a "fair weather fan" who just jumped on the bandwagon when they won the superbowl. Nope, he's been a fan since he was in middle school! Anywho, I'd bought him tickets for his birthday to see them play the Carolina Panthers in Charlotte. So, to make a long story short, Elaina spent the night with Kevin's mom and dad...and needless to say, she did MUCH better than Kevin and I! We called probably 15 times in the 36ish hours we were gone. However, it was nice for Kevin and I to get away, just the two of us, for the first time in 16 weeks.

Then, we let her spend last night with MY parents because we both had to work today. She did great with them too! They had such a good time with her and were sad to see her go.

She's such a good baby and adapts to various environments so easily. She's so lucky to have two sets of amazing grandparents who are bananas about her.

Now don't think for one second that we're going to be "those parents" who ditch their kids every possible chance they get. Heck no. Not even close. Actually the night before we left for Charlotte I begged Kevin to just sell my ticket to someone else and let me stay home with her. He assured me she'd be fine and that it would be good for me to get away...and though I won't tell him, he was right! hehe.

We have family pictures/Elaina's 4 month pictures this coming Thursday with the WONDERFUL Kalyn! She's the same photographer who did Elaina's newborn pictures. We fell in LOVE with the results of our first shoot and thought it would be crazy to NOT have her do another...and another...and another...until she gets sick of us. haha. I can't wait to post the prints. Until then, you can see some of her other fantabulous works on her website.

OH, and HOW COULD I FORGET?? Two of my very very very best friends are going to be mommies!!!!! My dear BFF Tiffany is due in July and my long time friend/poshum pal Amanda is due in June! I'm so so so so soooo excited for them! They're both going to be AMAZING mothers and Elaina is going to have two more Mommy-approved friends to have playdates with! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm lazy and I juuuust saw this haha!!!

    Love your bloggy blog and love you!
    Thanks for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete