Saturday, November 27, 2010

thanksgiving - check. christmas - w.i.p

I can NOT believe Thanksgiving has already came and gone! Sheesh. This year has flown by.

Our first Thanksgiving with Elaina was great! As always, we ended up going to my parents for lunch and Kevin's parents for leftovers/dinner. I know it's hard to sympathize with us because we have to eat twice (okay, so maybe we don't have to!) but it's seriously so hard! Every year I promise myself I'm only going to eat a small plate at my parents so I'll have room for a small plate at Kevin's parents....it never works.
Elaina and I headed to VA on Wednesday and spent the day helping Mom bake and just hanging out at their house. Kevin's best friend, Adam, was flying in from Phoenix so Kevin went to pick him up after work. It was Elaina's first time meeting her uncle Adam and Kevin and I were both super excited to see him since he hadn't been in since our wedding! We stayed up past midnight catching up with him, which was nice.
Thursday was nice, yummy, and Elaina did great. Mom gave Elaina a taste of sweet potato, to which she made a hilarious face! She's still not a huge fan of her cereal, which is okay with me. Since the doctor told us the cereal is optional, I'm not super concerned with her not loving it. If she does learn to like it, great...if not, I'm sure she'll fall in love with real food when we start it.
We ended up staying in VA Thursday night too and headed home Friday. I didn't dare go out to any stores, but I did get some deals online!

Did I mention Elaina is now FOUR months old?? =( Having this week off from work to stay home with her has made me realize a few things a) i'd LOVE to be a SAHM :( b) she's grown up SO much. not just in size but just every little thing she does. she's so amazing.

I'll go ahead and do her 4 month update too. At her doctor appointment Tuesday, she weighed 17lbs 6oz (90th percentile) and is 26" (also 90th percentile). She had to have 3 shots but other than the dramatic fit she had when they gave her the actual shots and drowsiness, she didn't seem bothered by them at all. She's holding her head up like a champ, sitting up by HERSELF for about 30 seconds at a time, rolling over like a crazy woman, and staring at her toes and ALL other toes around her non-stop!! She's changed SO much in the past month. Mommy's baby is growing up way too fast.

Okay, is Christmas SERIOUSLY less than a month away?!?! I want to decorate for Christmas, BUT I've been too busy playing with Elaina all day, annndddd our tree is under a bunch of crap in the garage. Darn my husband for being a flippin' packrat. :P

Now for your viewing pleasure............


silly girl playing in her seat...notice the crazy hair :)





at Nana's getting ready to try some cereal.



1 comment:

  1. Your blog has inspired me in such a way as I am passing along two blog awards. Please visit my blog at http://www.elfafamilyblog.blogspot.com to accept your awards. I want to thank you for sharing your life, your thoughts, your passions with all of us.

    ReplyDelete