Today was our first appointment. As I mentioned before, we've decided on Seasons of Bristol for our OB/GYN office of choice, and as soon as I walked in I knew we'd made the right choice. The receptionist was super nice and congratulated us on our BFP as soon as I told her my name. Not only that, but I just felt deep down inside that this was the place for us to use for this amazing journey! :)
After filling out what seemed like a book of information, the nurse called us to come back. My first stop was the bathroom to give a urine sample. She said this would be 'To Do' #1 every visit, so to be prepared with a full bladder! After that was done, we went to our room where the nurse took my weight, blood pressure, and temperature. I'm actually down 2 lbs since my last doctor visit, but it could just be this office's scales. My BP was 120/70. Yay for that. My temperature however was 100.4. The nurse asked me if I was feeling okay and I told her I was feeling fine. She said it was probably nothing to worry about and that a higher temperature is common during pregnancy.
Then the questions started...all 8 million of them! ha. The nurse was really nice though and asked us if this was our first, how long we'd been trying, if we'd told our families yet, etc. After she finished the nurse practioner, Cynthia, came in. She informed us she'd be asking more questions (what else could their be?!)...so she did. After THAT was finished, she informed us they would do an ultrasound next visit and since I'd had a pap smear in late June, I wouldn't have to worry about that. So, December 21st is the big day we'll get to see our baby for the first time AND hear his/her heartbeat! She said that according to my last menstrual cycle I'm 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant and put our due date at July 27th. That's exactly what I'd figured out via The Bump/BabyCenter/etc. Who knows though, it may change after the ultrasound.
Cynthia also gave me a goodie bag full of magazines, information on exercise, medicines that can be taken during pregnancy, coupons, brochures on local pediatricians, and nutrition information.
Before leaving, I had to make one more stop by the lab and give 4 (yes, FOUR!) viles of blood. It felt like it took her 15 minutes to get all that blood, but I know it was only a couple of minutes. I'm fine with having blood taken as long as I can turn my head. I can't stand to see the needle go in or the blood to come out. ha.
So, we're really excited that we'll have a picture of our little one before Christmas! Cynthia also told us to bring a DVD-R so we can record the ultrasound. How amazing with that be to watch over and over? We're so excited! I can't wait to see the looks on our families faces when we break the news!! :)
And now...the infamous prego survey.
How far along? 5 weeks 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: n/a...this was my first "weigh-in"
Maternity clothes? Not yet. I'm so bloated though that I can't wear my favorite jeans. :(
Stretch marks? No...hopefully it will stay that way!
Sleep: Can't get enough of it!
Best moment this week: Going to the first appointment and Kevin getting to go with me!
Movement: Not yet!
Food cravings: nothing really. seems i can't get enough hot chocolate, but i don't know if i'd consider that a craving
Gender: Still a while till we find that out!
Labour signs: n/a
Belly button in or out? In.
What I am looking forward to: Our ultrasound on December 21st and telling our families on Christmas!
Milestones: First appointment!
Congrats. We had our first appt with the doctor today too. Then I had to have the lab work done and they took 5 viles of blood! Man, I thought she was never gonna stop taking blood. I'm with you though, I looked away the entire time.
ReplyDelete