I knew when we started the nursery that there was NO WAY i wanted to spend tons of $ on it. I wanted her to have a nice room, but honestly Elaina's (or any child for that matter!) not going to be any better of a person because she has a $1500 crib instead of a $400 crib. So...I just wanted to share some great bargains I've found thus far as proof that decorating CAN be done for cheap.
These letters are wooden and were painted white already. I wanted something "girly" and cute so when I found these at Hobby Lobby I knew they would be perfect. However, they were full priced...$2.99 each. Okay, call me cheap but $3 x 6 letters = $18 + tax (which is 10% in TN!). So, being the admitted cheap-o that I'm proud to be I decided to wait because I know how Hobby Lobby works. They rotate stuff on 50% off ALL THE TIME! Why would I pay full price when chances are they would be on sale in a week. SOOOOO...I waited and sure enough next time, they were on sale! $1.50 x 6 letters = $9...much better! :)
I found this rug at Kirklands...one of my absolute favorite stores in the world. I could honestly spend an entire months income in there in about 30 minutes and leave still wanting more. Anywho, I knew I wanted a "pop of color" but was having a hard time finding a rug I liked that was the right size and NOT $100+. So, the day I walked into Kirklands and saw this beauty rolled up I about peed my pants. Even better, it was marked down from $30 (still a great price!) to $24.99...THEN when the wonderful man at the register rang it up it was only $20!!! Yippee!
So, those are my two favorite bargains so far. I have a few more that are "projects in progress" so you'll just have to wait on those! Until then...happy bargain shopping! :)
Love it! I just saw your post on the bump so I thought Id check it out! I have a blog too, so ill keep in touch!
ReplyDeleteSO jealous of the rug. Just may have to swing by a Kirklands this week to see if I can get as lucky!
ReplyDelete