Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Cat Is Out Of The Bag!

Both sets of parents know about the baby now and believe me, their reactions were PRICELESS!

We always spend Christmas eve at my mom & dad's house so we figured that would be the perfect time to tell them! So, after my mom's family left we all opened our gifts. After everyone finished I gave mom, dad and Jason their "special" gifts! Jason said he first thought it was a picture of an eyeball, but after he read the frame he started smiling. Mom unwrapped their frame, looked at me and said "Are you pregnant?" to which I said "Yes!"...she then proceeded to scream, jump up from the couch throwing stuff in the floor and attacking me! haha. It was hilarious. Dad & Jason were in a state of shock, I'm not sure if it was because they were so surprised or if they were afraid of Mom attacking them too! haha. So, after everything (Mom!) calmed down, they of course asked a million questions and started making plans for our little one. Needless to say, all 3 of them are ecstatic!

Kevin's parents opened their gift Christmas morning. It took (seriously) about 3 minutes (which seemed like an eternity) for Kevin's mom to realize what it was. Then she said "Ya'll aren't P.G. are you?!?!" and I said "Yeah!" She started screaming "Grandma & Grandpa again!! Yay!!" haha. Kevin's brother and his family were all there too, so they got to see her reaction. They are all very excited for us too!

Mom's already taken dibs on buying the crib and my aunt and cousin are taking dibs on the nursery bedding. haha. Seriously, Kevin and I are so blessed to be bringing a little one into two amazing families. It's going to be so loved...and so spoiled!

If I ever figure out how to upload video from our camcorder I'll put the "SURPRISE" footage on here! Believe me, it is HILARIOUS!!

1 comment: