Monday, December 21, 2009

Who's on cloud nine?

I AM!

Lookie what we got...

Yep. That's baby Griffitts standing on his/her head! Looks like we have a gymnast or a breakdancer on the way!

Here are the details...
Our appointment was at 1:15 but Kevin & I were so excited we showed up about 15 mins early! I went back and did the usual urine sample then came back out and sat in the lobby for only about 5 minutes. The u/s technician called us back and took us straight to the examination room. 5 minutes later we were looking at our little one. After Kevin teasing that there were probably 2 in there, I'll admit I was relieved to only see 1!! haha. The tech took pictures and video of our little one, and even pointed out where the spine, arm buds, leg buds, umblical cord and yolk sac were. When she pointed at the leg buds Baby G started kicking them! It was perfect timing and so cute! She also told us the baby is only 1 3/4 centimeters long! Hard to think something so little has already stolen our hearts! :) We just sat there and watched him/her for about 10 minutes and basked in the glory of knowing all is going perfectly!

According to the ultrasound I'm measuring 8w3d, but they're sticking with 8w6d which is based off my last menstrual cycle. So, tomorrow starts week 9! They left our due date at July 27th, though Kevin was hoping they'd push it back 3 days to the 30th (his birthday)! As the u/s tech finished she printed off 3 pictures for us and gave us a CD with about 15 more pictures and 5 of 6 videos.

After our u/s we met with Cynthia. She told me everything looked perfect on the ultrasound and my bloodwork from my last appointment was great. Our next appointment is Jan. 19th at 3:15. We won't have another u/s until around week 20 when we'll find out if we have a Bret or an Elaina on the way!

Continued prayers and MeRrY cHrIsTmAs!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I could've cried when I got the message w/ baby bean in it! I can't wait for Bret/Elaina to get here! haha!


    I'm also glad all your bloodwork came back okay! Yay!

    ReplyDelete