the view out our back door...about 7" of snow and even more to come today & tonight!Yowza. In case you haven't heard, the east coast has been and is still getting hit with a big fat snow storm. It's crazy! We probably have about 7" here and my parents have at least 12". Getting home yesterday evening was all too eventful.
I left work at 4 and started home. I drove all the way down Hwy 394, which took about 40 minutes, only to find iT blocked and I had to detour...to another road that was also blocked...so I go another way to get home, only to start sliding down a hill, losing control of my car, and hitting a sign/getting my car stuck on the side of the road. *enter hormonal tears here...b/c believe me, there were lots!*
So, here I sat at the bottom of a slick hill with other vehicles coming towards me. Can you say SCARY?!?! Kevin was 35 minutes away (well, more like an hour and 35 mins with all the snow) at work so I called my brother-in-law to come get me. His house is only about 3 miles from where I was but b/c of traffic it took him an hour and 20 minutes to get to me. Thankfully, a nice city police officer stopped, checked on me, then let me sit in his car until Jr arrived. After he got there, they pushed my car out while I backed it up, and we just drove it to a grocery store about 1/4 mile from "my stuck spot" and parked it. There were cars parked everywhere along the sides of the road...people had just given up and abandoned their vehicles. Thankfully, we all got home okay and Kevin arrived about an hour later. He was so worried about me (and baby!)...as were his parents, my parents, and 1/2 the staff where Kevin works. haha.
Even though I didn't make it home with my car I still have to thank God b/c if I hadn't hit that sign, my car (with me & baby bean inside) would have went over a hill...not a huge hill, but big enough it would have hurt me and the car. So, thank you God for guiding my car into that sign.
I'm so glad you both are okay!
ReplyDelete