Sunday, April 25, 2010

26 weeks & 5 days...last update of 2nd trimester!

I can't believe it. This will be my last update in the 2nd trimester! As of Tuesday, I'll be in the "home stretch"...eek! Scary AND exciting!

They say the 1st trimester sucks, 2nd trimester is smooth sailing, and 3rd trimester is full of discomfort. Well...2nd wasn't exactly "smooth" for me. No, it wasn't horrible, but my morning sickness hung around till about week 20, I had a UTI at week 24, my back has killed me for the last 6 weeks and I feel huge. haha. Regardless, I've enjoyed the 2nd trimester because it brought more good than bad! Finding out our little one is a girl, feeling her move for the first time, feeling her move from the outside the first time, Kevin getting to feel her move, watching my stomach roll while she kicks and dances, and finally looking pregnant! haha. So...I'm sad to see this trimester end, but I know we're getting close to her arrival and that makes it all worth it!!

Total weight gain/loss: at my last appointment I'm finally over my starting weight...by 2 pounds! :)
Maternity clothes? yes please...I need more though!
Stretch marks? dang it. I wish I could say 'no'...but I can't. :( I have two. They're very faint and so far down on my stomach I'll never have to worry about anyone (other than myself and Kevin) seeing them...but I bawled like a baby when I found them. Kevin reassured me it was okay, promised he still loved me (b/c mid-sob I said "you won't love me with a road map on my stomach!!") and reminded me they were momentos of an amazing time in our lives. aww.
Sleep: Honestly, we're trying to get as much as possible now b/c we know we won't get this luxury for like 18 years! haha.
Best moment this week: getting the crib and dresser into the nursery
Movement: oh my lord! she's SO active! i love it...even though it's slightly uncomfortable sometimes! haha. i think she's gonna be a great soccer player!
Food cravings: nope. nothing really.
Gender: still a girl! :)
Labor Signs: nada.
Belly Button in or out? in, but it's not as "deep" as before. haha.
Wedding rings on or off? still on! :)
What I miss: hrm. other than the drink I mentioned last time, nothing really. :)
What I am looking forward to: holding our little girl for the first time. we're so anxious.
Weekly Wisdom: Just because you babysit a kid one time doesn't qualify you to give me parenting advice...and pregnancy is NOT a handicap. You are not dead nor helpless so get over yourself. (sorry...i feel better now.)
Milestones: End of 2nd trimester/Beginning of 3rd!! :) yippee!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're at the end of the 2nd Trimester! This has flown by! EB will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete